Apple iPhone battery explodes on being bitten by user

Adjust Comment Print

Reportedly, the man was visiting the store seeking a replacement iPhone battery and wanted to test if the one available was authentic. The man began to look closely at the battery and, to check if it was real, chose to bite down on it, triggering the explosion.

At first glance, the man seems like just another insane Tide Pod Challenge nut.

You can check out a video of the incident here. And, we are glad that despite the fact that the battery exploded just inches away from his face, he has not been injured. So today we have a little bit of advice for you - don't bite your iPhone battery.

According to the time stamp on the CCTV camera that captured the incident, the explosion took place on Friday, January 19. That said, there are enough real examples of phone batteries exploding that it can not be immediately dismissed as fake. Local media in Switzerland said that 50 workers and customers had to leave the store and one fix worker required treatment for burns.

Range Rover SV Coupe Interior Teased Ahead Of Geneva Debut
The brand says the new model has been created to pay homage to the original Range Rover , which was launched as a two-door only. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you full coverage of the upcoming 2018 Geneva Motor Show.

An Iphone 7 Plus is displayed at Puerta del Sol Apple Store on September 16, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.

Note - we strongly advise not to test any type of battery in this manner. According to Apple, all of its devices from iPhones to Apple Watches contain lithium-ion batteries due to their high performance and long life.

After a massive PR emergency, Apple apologized for the practice and is now offering discounted battery replacement for $29 rather than the usual price of $79. But like we said, people are eating Tide Pods so need reminding.

Comments