Two Harrisburg, Pennsylvania police officers shot

Adjust Comment Print

"Harrisburg mourns the loss this morning of a U.S. Marshal who died protecting our residents".

Federal authorities say a US deputy marshal is dead while attempting to serve a warrant this morning inside a residence in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Hill died at a hospital.

A U.S. marshal was killed and at least two officer were wounded when gunfire broke out during the service of a warrant, the mayor said.

"It will be a straightforward process to have the tickets waived", he said.

The shooting happened in a residential neighborhood 1.5 miles from the state Capitol complex. "We will honor his memory by standing with his family and his brothers and sisters in law enforcement".

The Marshals service said that the unnamed Harrisburg officer who was also involved in the shooting is also being treated.

Kerber: 'Sharapova? This is the kind of match I want to have'
Sharapova, playing only her second grand slam since returning from her doping suspension, took it on the chin. The Swiss star beat the Frenchman 6-2, 7-5, 6-4 in just under two hours in a night match on Rod Laver Arena .

At 6:30 a.m., the marshal, 45-year-old Christopher David Hill, and two other police officers were serving a warrant for Shayla Lynette Towles Pierce, who was wanted by the Harrisburg Bureau of Police for terroristic threat offenses. Pierce is in custody.

Hill is survived by a wife and two children. York City Police Officer Kyle Pitts was identified as one of the officers injured and was taken to Hershey Medical Center.

Officers were handcuffing Pierce, who was not resisting, on the first floor of the home when Sturgis emerged on the second floor and began firing, reports.

"Chris is the cream of the crop". He said the officer's name should be recalled as a synonym for valor.

Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Lou Barletta tweeted: "Please pray for the police officers injured in Harrisburg this morning".

"They achieve these critical accomplishments at often heroic risk".

The shooting occurred in the same area last month where Ahmed Aminamin El-Mofty fired at police in several locations in the state capital, wounding one of them before they shot and killed him.