Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Face Anthrax Scare at Kensington Palace

Adjust Comment Print

Police are investigating a suspicious package which was addressed Meghan Markle and her fiancé Prince Harry at Kensington Palace. The London Evening Standard newspaper and other United Kingdom media outlets said the package had been addressed to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and contained a white powder.

Police are also investigating an allegation of malicious communications, contrary to the Communications Act, relating to the same package.

A letter containing a substance sent to St James's Palace is being treated as a "racist hate crime", police said.

Prince Harry and Markle are set to be married May 19 at Windsor Castle.

It was received this month at Kensington Palace but the powder was found to be harmless after an examination by experts.

New Mercedes W09 revealed at Silverstone
I've seen the development of the auto for the last eight months and so to see all the pieces come together, it's a work of art. I wouldn't write anybody off. "It's very unsafe before the season has started to reduce the number of potential competitors".

The letter was intercepted before reaching the couple but a full security scare was sparked over fears it could contain anthrax.

The police spokesman has refused to comment on the state of the investigation.

"To say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident mixed-race woman".

More: Will Priyanka Chopra be Meghan Markle's bridesmaid? "No arrests; inquiries continue".

The second letter was reportedly sent to the office of Home Secretary Amber Rudd at the Houses of Parliament but the material inside was also found to be non-harmful. Scotland Yard officials confirmed to the publication that they were aware of the letter and had launched an investigation.