Nicole Eggert reports alleged sexual assault by Scott Baio to the LAPD

Adjust Comment Print

Nicole Eggert, 46, is accusing Scott Baio, 57, of sexually abusing her when she was still a minor on "Charles in Charge".

Police also interviewed another actor who worked on the series, Alexander Polinksky, whose statement included allegations of bullying by Baio.

A representative for Baio said: "We've been demanding since a year ago that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities".

"Both Nicole and I were minors".

TMZ reported Eggert has a list of witnesses that corroborate her story.

Bloom continued, "We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives' interest in this case, and we will fully cooperate with their investigation".

The actress alluded to her meeting with LAPD in a post on social media. Baio has also previously denied Eggert's claim they had intercourse when she was 17, explaining that by her own admission in a previous interview, they had intercourse after the show was over - the show ended in 1990, when Eggert was 18.

Los Angeles tops global congestion ranking for sixth straight year
And when it comes to nighttime travel, Los Angeles city streets ranked better than those of 35 other cities. The study also calculated that the jams are costing us £37.7bn per year - around £1,168 per driver.

"Working on the set of "Charles in Charge" from age 11 to 15 was no picnic; it was a toxic environment", Polinsky said in a statement read by longtime friend and "Talk" host Sara Gilbert.

Despite Baio repeatedly denying the allegations, Eggert hired attorney Lisa Bloom to investigate the abuse, which she originally claimed on Twitter began when she was just 14 years old.

Baio responded with an appearance on Good Morning America and repeated his denial of Eggert's claims. Among the witnesses: Alexander Polinsky, who played Adam Powell on the show, according to TMZ. "And she knows I would never shame her, and she can see how I'm handling this, and that I would do the same exact thing for her".

Defending the allegations, Baio pointed to a 2013 audio interview Eggert did with a website The Dirty in which she had laughed about their relationship. "I apologised for pushing her too hard and should have been more sympathetic".

"She wanted me to be her first, so that she would be good for her boyfriend", he added. "I had to sit down and tell her why there were all these cameras outside of our house, and why people keep on asking me these questions", she says.

Speaking on television last week Eggert said she had not aired the allegations previously because she was ashamed, and that she had been emboldened to speak up in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

Eggert elaborated on her allegations in a January 30 interview with Megyn Kelly, claiming the abuse started when she was 14 when she was visiting his home and he digitally penetrated her. "She's been an fantastic support system for me, and I think I've been a great example for her".

Comments