First lady Melania Trump not attending G7, North Korea summits

Adjust Comment Print

The first lady stayed behind Friday when President Trump, his daughters, eldest son and son-in-law went to the Camp David retreat for the weekend.

While there are plenty of theories about Melania's public disappearance, it is most plausible that she is in fact inside the White House right now taking it easy.

Melania Trump attended the G7 meeting in Italy previous year.

Then, on May 14, the 48-year-old was hospitalized for a benign kidney condition for which she required an embolization procedure and spent the following week recovering.

"I see the media is working overtime speculating where I am & what I'm doing", she wrote.

Last Wednesday, Melania Trump tweeted in response to news stories about her absence from public view. As the global media couldn't stop speculating about her whereabouts, she took to Twitter to quash rumours about her health and marriage.

But CNN reported that Melania opted to spend the weekend at the White House.

Kevin Love clears concussion protocol, available for Game 1 of NBA Finals
Still, Lue can't expect a core of Green, Thompson and Smith to take down the Warriors , no matter how well James and Love play. One thing the league was not looking at in the near future was adding another franchise to the 30-team NBA, Silver said.

The first lady's spokeswoman put out a statement last week saying "she has had several meetings internally with staff, and will continue to do so this week".

President Trump took a family vacation with his children, sparking concern over Melania's whereabouts. "Most of us don't even know cursory information about her - I would bet most people don't even know her home country".

In her absence, rumors and conspiracy theories have flourished.

Not everyone, though, believed that Mrs. Trump had actually written the tweet herself.

To quell the speculation, Mrs. Trump sent out a tweet on May 30, claiming she was "feeling great" and was back to work behind the scenes at the White House.

But she remained in the hospital until May 19, with Grisham telling CNN that she was "in high spirits".