Michael Porter Jr. cancels workout, may still allow medical evaluations

Adjust Comment Print

National Basketball Association draft hopeful Michale Porter Jr canceled a second group workout in Chicago set for Friday, due to whats being described as severe muscle spasms. Porter had to cancel an initial workout with hip spasms. He is "feeling much better", according to the document, which also said that invited teams may still be allowed to conduct their own medical evaluations on Friday. And, now with the draft just a week away, Porter Jr. remains one of the bigger mysteries in the draft, with his range now being among the top 10 where he could potentially go as high as the No. 2 to Sacramento.

However, with the 2018 NBA Draft rapidly approaching on June 21, there's no guarantee that teams will get another look at the 6'11 prospect before next Thursday.

Summit removed N Korea nuclear threat, says Trump
The Pentagon has said Mattis was consulted, but has not offered clarification on what will be canceled. She also at one point called them the "two supreme leaders" of their countries.

The Knicks, along with the Kings and several other teams, were planning on attending.

The prevailing thought is that unless National Basketball Association team doctors get access to Porter directly, he may see his draft stock plummet. The goal for the workout is primarily medical, after the 6-10 forward played only three games for Missouri last season. His size, fluidity and shot-making ability off the dribble reminded teams of the player who had been highly touted before the season. "But a conservative doctor could still [be concerned about] what might happen down the road".

Comments