Sylvester Stallone sexual assault claim investigated by prosecutors

Adjust Comment Print

Los Angeles prosecutors are reviewing a sex crimes case against actor Sylvester Stallone.

Reuters reports the District Attorney's office spokesman Greg Risling said prosecutors are reviewing the case, which was presented by the Santa Monica police department. Police didn't elaborate on the nature of the allegation. But he told CNN that Stallone "categorically denied" the allegations.

The allegations first came to light in December previous year, relating to an alleged assault which is said to have taken place in the 1990s.

Stallone's case joins a slew of others that are being handled by the L.A. County sex crimes task force, which was formed a year ago in the wake of the huge fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandal. Notwithstanding that, she filed a police report, (and) the media outlet refused to publish the story.

Stallone's representatives did not immediately return a call for comment yesterday. The case is being reviewed by a Los Angeles County task force that investigates crimes of sexual misconduct that take place within the entertainment industry. But the revised law applies only to crimes committed after January 1, 2017, and offenses for which the statute of limitations had not expired by that date.

Oil Prices Edge Lower After Recent Rally
In announcing his decision, Trump also warned that the US would impose the "highest level" of sanctions on Tehran. Further weighing on prices has been surging USA output, which hit another record last week at 10.8 million bpd.

"It wasn't until after the #MeToo movement began making headlines past year - following the Harvey Weinstein scandal - that she surfaced with the allegations", Singer said. He also co-wrote and will reprise his role as Rocky Balboa in "Creed 2".

The accuser said she consented to have sex with Stallone but not De Luca, and that Stallone threatened to "beat her head in" if she told anyone.

Sylvester Stallone on a recent visit to the White House.

Stallone's lawyer, Marty Singer, said at the time that the actor "categorically disputes the claim".

Comments