The International Red Cross, which aids the al-Thawra hospital, claimed that it has provided adequate surgical supplies, which will be enough for the treatment of 50 critical patients. "I found shrapnel from mortar shells, which indicated that the attack was from the ground not from the sky", he said.
Ahmed Yehia, who witnessed the attack, said body parts were scattered in the area of the strike.
Concerned by the rise of the Houthi rebels, Saudi Arabia and a coalition of Arab states launched a military offensive in 2015 in the form of a massive air campaign aimed at reinstalling the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. "Nothing can justify this loss of life", she added.
The offer came a week after Saudi Arabia suspended its oil shipments through the Red Sea strait of Bab al-Mandeb after Houthi fighters attacked two Saudi oil tankers.
The attack came on the same day as the planned launch of a cholera vaccination drive, and hours before the United Nations special envoy for Yemen briefed the Security Council in NY, where he presented plans to resume peace talks next month.
Rebel-run media outlets have accused the coalition of carrying out Thursday's attacks in Hodeida.
Oil prices drop as U.S. inventory rises
US crude oil exports averaged 1.31 million barrels per day last week, down by 1.37 million barrels per day from the previous week. US President Donald Trump's decision to pull out of an worldwide nuclear deal and reimpose sanctions on Iran has angered Tehran.
Yemen's war has killed almost 10,000 people and triggered what the United Nations calls the world's largest single humanitarian crisis, with more than eight million Yemenis at risk of starvation.
The Center also expressed its condolences to the families and families of the victims, stressing its continued efforts and maximum cooperation to assist the Yemeni people in coordination with the Yemeni government, coalition forces and humanitarian and relief organizations operating in Yemen.
Striking new drone images from the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, sheds light on the rarely accessible, rebel-held city, under siege for years and bombarded by airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition. Country Director Taer Kirolos said: "We're seriously concerned that the area is simply not safe for civilians".
In Geneva, the World Health Organisation (WHO) warned that Yemen is likely to be struck by another "major wave" of cholera cases, calling for a three-day truce to allow vaccinations. "Everything we are trying to do to stem the worlds worst cholera epidemic is at risk".
Ging said the conflict in Hodeida "has escalated significantly", saying violence has forced more than 340,000 people from their homes across Hodeida governorate since June 1. He has been pushing to bring the warring parties to restart peace talks. There has yet been no response from the rebels.