Shark safely returned to aquarium after stroller heist

Adjust Comment Print

The aquarium is in Leon Valley, a suburb northwest of downtown San Antonio.

The man, who police have not named, was one of three people people captured on surveillance video stealing the shark using a stroller by disguising the shark as a baby. She has been safely returned to the aquarium and appears to be in good health. "[The suspects] didn't stop, and they left", Salvaggio said. Salvaggio said the men confessed to the theft, and investigators planned to talk with the woman on Tuesday. Two men and a woman with a infant wandered through the facility with a baby stroller in tow. Authorities say a male snatched it from a petting tank Saturday afternoon before two others wrapped it in a wet blanket. The incident took place at the San Antonio Aquarium in Texas on Saturday, July 28.

The bucket the men used to transfer the shark into the lower carriage of the stroller was taken from a backroom in the aquarium, and contained bleach, which could be lethal to the animal.

Police said the shark was carried in the pram in a bucket. One of the men refused to let Spellman search the truck and said that his son was sick and that he needed to leave immediately.

The freaky theft went viral after they were seen swaddling the sea creature and placing her into a stroller.

New York State revokes approval of the Charter-Time Warner merger
The company's purposeful obfuscation of its performance and compliance obligations to the state Commission and its customers. Andrew Cuomo's administration over the company's required expansion of high-speed internet access.

One suspect is in custody and "the shark is alive and well and on its way back to the aquarium", Jenny Spellman, the aquarium's general manager, told NBC News on Monday night.

Three people pulled off a weird heist involving a stolen shark from the San Antonio Aquarium, police say. "He didn't say that, but from looking at the other animals there, more than likely it was something that he wanted", he said.

"When we first got the call, we thought it was kind of a hoax being that it was Shark Week last week", Salvaggio said.

The suspect had an extensive aquarium habitat in his garage, the chief said, adding, "He had a lot of different marine animals in the home".

"[It's] obviously somebody that knows something about the sharks and knows something about what they were doing and why they were doing it".