11 baby bodies found in closed Detroit funeral home

Adjust Comment Print

Remains of 11 babies have been removed from a shuttered funeral home in Detroit after an anonymous tip led the authorities to the shocking find on Friday.

State inspectors had walked into the east Detroit establishment one day in April and found two bodies grown over with mold, the Detroit Free Press reported.

The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs received an anonymous letter tipping them off where the bodies were hidden, leading tio the search. But he said he was upset "by the callousness" of whoever placed the remains of infants, some of them apparently stillborn, inside a cardboard box hidden in the drop-down ceiling of a stairwell.

Back in April, the funeral home had been shut down by state officials after inspectors found other decomposing remains and "deplorable" conditions inside the building, located on Mack Avenue near Cadillac Boulevard.

LARA said there is still an open investigation into the funeral home and its owners.

An employee or someone who had knowledge of the inside of a former funeral home in Detroit is the most likely suspect in connection with the discovery of human remains, police said.

"More Important Things" On Her Mind Than Husband’s Sex Life
Mrs Trump said she loved her husband and that the media's coverage of their relationship was not always correct. First lady Melania Trump tours Nairobi National Park, on October 5.

"They're very small remains,"Bowser said".

At the time of the discovery, construction was underway to convert the funeral home into a community center. The remains were taken to the medical examiner's office that is to determine their cause of death and identities. "I was trying to go handling things at hand", Cantrell said. "I really don't know how that could even have happened".

Police in the U.S. state of MI have uncovered the decomposed remains of 11 babies at a Detroit funeral home.

State investigators accused the funeral home's operators of fraud, deceit, incompetence and gross negligence, according to an April report in its decision to close it down.

Raymond Cantrell, the former owner of the funeral home, spoke to Local 4 on the phone.

Comments