Anas' partner Ahmed Hussein-Suale shot dead

Adjust Comment Print

Ghanaian journalists condemned the killing of the 34-year-old reporter, who played a key role in last year's investigation.

Brother of the late Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Ibrahim Kamal confirmed the burial date in an interview with Accra-based Adom FM.

Husein was shot in the neck and the chest by unknown gunmen on his way home Wednesday night in the capital Accra, police said.

In a statement, Tiger Eye PI said Hussein-Sualehad received death threats after recently finishing work on a documentary that exposed bribery and corruption in African soccer. "I expect the police to bring to book, as soon as possible, the perpetrators of this heinous crime", he said in a tweet.

Hussein-Suale had worked with Anas Aremeyaw Anas on an investigation into cash gifts in Ghana's football leagues.

Former Detroit Lion catches man allegedly peeping into daughter’s bedroom
Beckham's daughter said she had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when Cassidy was looking through her window. The man's trousers were partially down and he was masturbating. "I couldn't believe it", he said.

Ghana Integrity Initiative joins all other anti-corruption civil society and media organisations in Ghana and all over the world over to condemn this dastardly act. "Ghana's government must prove itself willing to hold accountable those who attack the press", said Angela Quintal, Africa programme coordinator for the Committee to Protect Journalists.

In excerpts of the viral video, Mr Ken Agyapong who appears to be on a show on his television station, NET2 Television, displayed pictures of Ahmed, and described him as a risky man and told viewers that he lived in Madina.

Ranting and shouting into the camera, Agyapong said: "That boy (Ahmed-Hussein) that's very risky, he lives here in Madina".

However, he said Mr Agyapong, who has already denied any link to the murder, told the police that the video which was in circulation was not a true representation of what he said as it was not the full version.

Former GFA President, Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi was sacked by President Nana Akufo-Addo and was subsequently banned for life from the global football governing body, FIFA, following his involvement in the corruption scandal. Fourteen officials were exonerated.

Comments